Recipe by The Cooking Cardiologist
Skip the post-feast sleepiness with our “no doze” turkey brine using Wingman Smart Energy!
Turkey not only contains Tryptophan which infamously causes drowsiness, but high fat meals can also decrease your body’s nitric oxide levels. Wingman naturally restores nitric oxide production and has a touch of natural caffeine to keep you from falling asleep at the dinner table (no matter how painful the family small talk is)⚡️
- 14 lb turkey, thawed and cleaned
- 2 quarts no-sugar added organic apple cider
- 28oz low sodium chicken stock
- 3 cans of Wingman Smart Energy Cranberry Lime
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 16 whole black peppercorns
- 1 package fresh herb poultry seasoning
- extra water to cover the turkey
- 1 large container to brine the turkey
- ice and a cooler to keep turkey chilled or a large refrigerator
In a large saucepan, add the apple cider, chicken broth, salt, and spices. Bring to a boil. When salt is dissolved, remove from heat. Cool. Add Wingman Smart Energy. Carefully place the turkey in the brining container. Add the brining liquid. Be sure the turkey is fully submerged. If not, add water. Cover and chill for 8-10 hours. Remove from the brine and discard, pat-dry the turkey and set in a heavy roasting pan. Tie the legs together and roast turkey in standard manner.